Sunday, June 15, 2014

Old Departures, New Beginnings

Another record I'd been looking forward to a lot: the latest release by Trainwreck. Hopefully not the last one, although the title of the record might indicate otherwise. Who knows.
When I heard that pre-orders were up, I put in an order immediately and messaged a couple of people I knew shoe are into this band. However, instead of paying right away as I usually do, I forgot to do so for whatever reason and didn't really think about the whole matter for a couple of weeks. Until I got a reminder by the label that - much to my shock - I hadn't paid yet. That's why I didn't get the pre-order edition with the alternate cover, but this version. Actually it's not a real version since it's the pre-order pressing vinyl with the regular pressing sleeve. Guess the label ran out of pre-order sleeves and decided to use the regular ones. I'd love to have the pre-order cover, too, since it looks really sick. Stupid record collecting thoughts aside, Trainwreck have managed to put out yet another good release. A little more melodic than their previous records maybe, but I don't mind that development. The record still has to grow on me a little I guess, but that's what it's been like with all Trainwreck releases for me. Can't wait to see this band live again, hopefully soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment