Monday, June 9, 2014

Odd and ends

Punch is one of favourite current bands. Powerful music, great lyrics and the band consists of very nice people, too. All the good markings of a good band. I missed out on the latest repress of their debut 7" Eyeless (on Discos Huelga), so I had to pick it up via discogs. This is the 5th press on olive green vinyl. If you are into fastcore and generally dig bands on 625 Thrashcore, you should check out Punch. 





I've heard a lot of people talk very euphorically about The Ropes formerly known as The Repos. I had the chance to pick up one of their 7"s from the same seller I got the Punch 7" from for cheap, so I thought this might be a good opportunity to give a listen to the band. Quite honestly, I don't get what all the hype (is there really one?) is about. The music and the singer's voice are not really my cup of tea. As with most Youth Attack releases, artwork and the overall design of the whole package are superb (custom foldout double-sided envelope sleeve that comes with a sixteen-page booklet!). But since it's still the music that a record should be all about, this is most likely the first and last The Ropes release for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment