Sunday, December 28, 2014

Neighborhood Brats

I've read reviews of Neighborhood Brats that described them as "female-fronted Black Flag". So I kind of became intrigued, despite the fact that I think the term "female-fronted" is just plain stupid. Just to make that clear, I don't dislike bands that are fronted by women, but I don't see the need to put special emphasis on this fact, making this some sort of novelty.
Anyhow, bands that sound like or are compared with Black Flag are definitely worth checking out. This 7" is good punk rock music, no doubt, but I don't see where the Black Flag comparison comes from, except for the fact they were "inspired" by a riff from Rise Above in one of their songs. I'll definitely check out some of their other stuff, but so far I'm not sold. The Youth Of Today cover is pretty cool though.


No comments:

Post a Comment