Thursday, February 19, 2015

Blue Monday

Recently I made my girlfriend a mix tape. I always like to come up with a motto of some sort, and since we both sort of came up in the hardcore scene in the '00 years, I decided to pick only songs from that era, which also gave me the chance to rediscover a lot of bands I hadn't listened to in a long time. One of those bands was Blue Monday. I only knew them through the split 7" they did with Go It Alone and I have to admit I never really listened to their side all that much. However, I decided to give it a spin and man, they're really good. Plus they have some pretty good lyrics. So, not only did I decide to pick one of their songs for the tape, I also decided I needed their other releases. Here's one of the two 7"s they released, What's Done Is Done. I have no clue about the pressing info as far as numbers go, but apparently there's this clear version and a black version out there. I definitely need to pick up their LP and the other 7" some time soon. 


1 comment: