Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Moose Blood

If I'd known about this record a few weeks back, it would have made my Top 10 2014 list for sure. There had been some talk about this band on a message board I frequently use, but the band name hadn't been that alluring to me for some reason, so I never really gave much thought to this band. Stupid reason in hindsight. My girlfriend egged me on to buy this LP and I finally gave in. And I surely didn't regret doing that. I also learned that one of the songs on the LP is on a mix tape my girlfriend made me a while ago.
This record is a great homage to 90's emo, but somehow Moose Blood manage to give it their own little twist. Great, great music. I've heard rumors about them coming to mainland Europe for a tour later this year, and I keep my fingers crossed the rumor will come true. There are already three pressings out there. Not bad for a record that came out just a few months ago. I believe this is the transparent light blue / opaque black version out of 700 from the first pressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment