Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Suicide Conspiracy

I really like split releases. Just like compilations they're a great way to get to know new bands for cheap money. Yes, I'm aware that we have the year 2015 and that band camp et al. have made it really easy to access new bands, but that's not really for me. Mind you, I'm not against new technology, not by a long shot. If anything I use the internet too much...
I've known The Hope Conspiracy for quite some time, mainly through my girlfriend, but up until recently I'd never actually listened to The Suicide File. Bill Conway, host to the only podcast I listen to on a regular basis, Edgeland, has been going on and on about how The Suicide File is one of his favourite bands ever. So, thanks to the massive podcast propaganda of Bill I finally gave the band a chance, and boy, I'm really glad I did. I like the Hope Conspiracy song on this split a lot, but it doesn't even come close to the The Suicide File side. I know that you'll probably never get read this, but thanks Bill for getting me hooked on The Suicide File. First press on red vinyl out of 1200.


Btw. in case you have never listened to the Edgeland podcast, do yourself a favour and change that asap. Mr Conway does great interviews with people who are still straight edge or used to be straight edge. Very entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment