Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Dark Days Coming

A few weeks ago I went to Berlin to see Miles Away, Touché Amoré, Modern Life Is War and Gorilla Biscuits. All the bands were pretty good live, but MLIW and GB killed it. Despite the fact that it was a huge venue and there were way too many people there for my taste the show turned out to be pretty good. For some bands you just have to make compromises I guess.

Whenever I'm in Berlin I take up the opportunity to go to my favourite record store there, Bis Aufs Messer. If you're ever in Berlin, go there and support a great store. 

The first one of my pick ups is a Dischord classic. Maybe the term semi-classic is better suited for 3's only proper release, because I feel that there aren't that many people talking about that record. But the ones who do absolutely love this record. I'm really glad my buddy Tom told me to check out this LP. And it immediately made click with me. The record had me with the beginning of the second song. Swann Street is such an incredible song. But the rest of this LP is really good too. If you don't know this record, you're missing out on some great music. 


5 comments:

  1. As you might expect from me, I think this is an amazing record. I even own the test press for this.

    You did hear the Egg Hunt 7" this was the predecessor of 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected nothing less of you, Nico. Seems everyone who likes this band also owns a test. My buddy Tom has one too, haha. Yeah, I'm familiar with Egg Hunt and I like that 7" a great deal too. But there are still a lot of Dischord bands I have to check out.

      Delete
  2. I'd never heard this until about 4 months ago. Downloaded it to check out and love it. Haven't got around to buying a physical copy yet though. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are also on the great Dischord compilation State of the Union with a different version. Good compilation, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lp is really really good. The prices on Discogs are pretty inexpensive. I plan to pick up the lp and cassette. Thank you for the heads up on this.

    ReplyDelete