Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spirits, Spirits, Spirits

I'm really a fan of Instagram. You get to show off your cute pets, the magnificent places you traveled to, the awesome (vegan) good you made, and of course that really, really cool record collection of yours - and then you get the sweet, redeeming feeling of getting likes for it. You also get to see other people's cute pets, the magnificent places they traveled to, the awesome (vegan) food they made, and of course that really, really cool record collection of someone else - and you get to pass out likes, which is basically the good deed a day 2.0. What's not to like? What's more, I have been able to score some really cool records. In this case, the guy running Coin Toss Records hit me up after I had posted a picture of my Spirits collection. He asked me what I still needed, so here we are. Thanks again for helping me out here. I really appreciate that. The best thing is that I could also help out a buddy of mine with his Spirits collection too. So, thanks again Coin Toss Records for helping me out, and thanks Instagram for making all of this possible.


The first 7" I got is a copy on black vinyl with the tour sleeve the band had made for their European tour last year. I already had the green vinyl copy with the tour sleeve, but this makes a nice addition.



The guy running Coin Toss also had a spare copy of the 'wheat field cover', which was used for the pre-order. This also comes with a black vinyl record. Since there are about a million variants out there, there's a chance this cover also comes with a different vinyl colour, but who knows?




3 comments:

  1. I'm also working on a Spirits collection. Glad to see they are on the radar because they are awesome dudes that put out great music. The only release I'm missing so far is the Tomar Control split. I hope to order those soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you man. Spirits are awesome indeed, and they're a bunch of nice people as well. Good combination. The split with Tomar Control is shipping as of now according to the Speedowax Facebook page, so you haven't missed out on anything yet ;)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete