Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Sick Of It

I am patient boy, I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait. In this case I waited for about 17 years (goddamn...) to get this limited sleeve of Sick Of It All's 7" Death To Tyrants. SOIA released an album under the same name in 2006 and the 7" has two songs from said LP, plus an otherwise unreleased song (I think). This was the last SOIA LP that I actually liked (and at one point collected). The songs on this 7" are good, but it's not the best SOIA material in my opinion. I got this record purely for collecting purposes to be honest because I love the first SOIA 7" and I'm into rip-off covers, even though it's kind of weird that a band does a rip-off sleeve of one of their own records. 


The records with the Gilman Street rip-off cover are numbered out of 50. My copy is #30 as can be seen below. 



There are three versions of this record, clear and white with the regular sleeve and some of the white vinyl copies come with the limited sleeve. Here's a nice family picture. I don't know if test presses for this release exist. 




3 comments:

  1. This is rad! I mean, the vinyl itself looks like it is pressed on cheap crappy vinyl (as the centre labels look small, which is one of the giveaway signs of 'that' plant. But the whole idea of SOIA ripping off their own cover is just great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how much input the band actually had or if the label just did that, but it is kind of funny.

      Delete
    2. I think it's more of a label idea. I know the guy behind Dead Serious Records is a collector as well...

      Delete