Thursday, August 31, 2023

Until I Wake Again

One of the more anticipated records for me was the I Recover LP. I fell in love with the band when I saw them play at a DIY space not too far from where I live. The two 7"s they have released so far were really good, not only musically and lyrically, but also visually they were top notch. It certainly helps when one band member runs a printing company. 

Things had been rather quiet for the band for a number of years, so hearing about them releasing new material was very exciting to me. Chris, singer for my band Fragment and CEO of Influences Zine/Label, got to listen to the record early to review it for his zine and was talking constantly about how good it was. I wasn't as privileged as him, but wouldn't have listened to the record in advance anyway, because I'm and old-fashioned idiot and prefer listening to records I'm really looking forward to on vinyl for the first time, even if that means I have to wait a little bit longer. And I Recover didn't disappoint. The songs are melodic and catchy. Daniel's voice sounds great and I really love the guitar work. It's a perfect DC Revolution Summer hardcore worship record. And not only does the record sound fantastic, it is also really pleasing to the eye (at least mine). Plus the haptic of sleeve and lyric sheet is really awesome. The only thing I could criticize is that there are only seven songs on Until I Wake Again. Then again, this leaves me hungry for more. 

When I got the record I didn't listen to anything else the whole weekend. I just flipped the record over and over and over again. And it's been on constant rotation since then. This is definitely in the top 3 for this year. 







No comments:

Post a Comment