Sunday, August 27, 2023

Walk Together Rock Together

7 Seconds are an awesome band and incredibly important to me and my coming of age in hardcore. I often feel they don't get talked about enough when it comes to legendary 80s hardcore bands. Maybe because they didn't break up like most of their contemporaries. 

Be that as it may, Trust Records has re-released both The Crew and Walk Together Rock Together, which is definitely a good thing. I'm always in favor of keeping hardcore records in print, so hopefully younger hardcore kids have easy access to the classics and the bands can get the recognition they deserve. I usually don't play the repress game, but Trust Records has been doing such an incredible job with these re-releases, I just had to get a copy. The main selling point for me was the 20 page booklet that has a ton of flyers and pictures as well as interviews with the band and people from way back when. I was a little torn between picking up a copy with nice looking vinyl (this one) OR a copy on rather ugly splatter vinyl, which come with a bonus 7" though. I opted for A in this case, even though I really want one of those 7"s. Oh well...



No comments:

Post a Comment