Any new material by Walter Schreifels is always a reason to be happy. When a friend texted me if I’d seen the announcement for the new Quicksand LP, this put an instant smile on my face. The tricky part was to find a version that looked good and was available in Europe. There are ten variants I know of, but only a handful is actually nice to look at. But after some research and letting some days pass, I found out that my go-to mailorder was getting one of the variants I’d eyed anyway.
The record wasn’t readily available, but the wait for the pre-order wasn’t too bad compared to a lot of other other records released in recent years. The artwork is alright, but I really, really love the color of the record. I think I chose wisely. The album starts off somewhat slow, but picks up tempo (and groove) halfway through the A-side and starts sounding more like Quicksand. After the record ended, I immediately flipped it over and started listening to it again. And then again. There’s no particular song standing out so far, but the album flows very nicely in itself. I have a feeling that I’ll be playing Bring On The Psychics a lot and that it will end high on my 2026 list.
![]() |
| 1st Press on Dusk Blue w/ White Swirl (‘Retail Exclusive’) on Equal Vision /??? |

No comments:
Post a Comment