Monday, August 24, 2026

Two Words

A couple of weeks ago I met with a good friend of mine for a coffee date. We hadn’t seen each other in person in quite a while, which is one of the woes of adult life: one-on-one time with friends is getting scarce. At some point during that period of time he’d texted me that he’d finally picked up a bunch of classic 80s hardcore records he’d long wanted to own. We acutally ended up having a fun conversation about those records (and some newer stuff) during the aforementioned coffee date. What he hadn’t told me was that along with the records he’d ordered, he’d been sent an album by a relatively current band called Two Words.

Since he wasn’t into the album, he decided to give it to me because he knows my love for youth crew. I really appreciate the gift. Thanks again. In case you were wondering, yes, youth crew is what you get on Rejoining The Forces. I mean, the band name, the name of the album, the insert, the cover art - it’s all there. Add the fact that the album was released on Crucial Response. Even without looking it up, I sort of knew this was a project by slightly older folks, which as it turns out, was the correct assumption as all of the band members are veterans of the Italian (straight edge) hardcore scene. This is a well done record and you get exactly what you expect. 


1st Press on White on Crucial Response /???



No comments:

Post a Comment