This post is the start of a series of records I bought from a very good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. He’d told me a while ago that he was thinking about selling (part of) his collection and he finally pulled the trigger about a month ago. I looked through his Instagram and picked out a couple of things that I was interested in, but I also knew that he didn’t have pictures of all of his records online, so I decided on a whim to make the 5 hour trip by train to hang out with him and browse his collection. It kind of was perfect timing, too, because it was the start of the summer holidays for me, which meant the weather was really nice and I didn’t have a care in the world about grown up stuff. So, in the end I got to spend a great weekend with an even greater friend I rarely see and I went home with plenty of new records. What better way to start the summer? Now the big question was, which record should I start with? Newer record? Older classic? In the end, I decided on a modern classic, at least in my opinion.
Magnitude released one of my favorite albums of the last 10 years. I can’t really fathom that this is a pre-Corona record, but To Whatever Fateful End was indeed released in 2019. It’s such a great throwback record to 90s hardcore and hits all the right spots for me. It’s one of those records I would love to collect, but since there are so many variants out there, I can’t really get myself to actually start a collection. As a compromise, I decided to just go after the special covers, which is a more manageable taks. Not necessarily cheaper and easier, but more interesting.
This particular variant is a repress done as an exclusive version for Disorder, which is a record label and record store based in Atlanta. The limited variant comes with a special cover, which is just a single sheet of paper on top of the regular cover. The alternate cover is also stamped and hand-numbered /75.
Sidenote: Purple and pink are my favourite colors for records in general, but there is something about white and clear for records by straight edge bands.
![]() |
| Repress on Clear on Triple B w/ Alternate Cover (Disorder Exclusive) /75 |

No comments:
Post a Comment