Thursday, April 16, 2015

Anniversaries

So Bane has been a band for 20 years as of 2015. Such a crazy long time for a hardcore band. There are only very few bands who have been continuously active for that long. 10 years ago the band and Equal Vision, the label they have been affiliated with for a long time, commemorated the 10 year anniversary with a special release. The '10 Year Anniversary' 7" - as I know the story - came originally as the CD you can see in the middle in a 7" sleeve because the vinyl wasn't ready for the show. You could later send a code to Equal Vision and get the actual vinyl. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that. There are only two songs on this 7", Reckoning Day (which had originally come out on the demo tape) and a cover of the Bjork song 'Enjoy'.
I've had the blueish/yellow were for a few years now. It came as full package, meaning with cover and the CD. The white/yellow variant was a completely different story. Despite the fact that there are 450 copies of this 7" in total, they rarely pop up. I often struck out when I contacted people who had a copy and on one occasion where I found someone who was willing to sell me the record, it got lost in the mail. Or he never send it to me. I don't really know. Either way I still didn't have a copy. I also found two copies on Discogs but due to the time difference the copies that were advertised in the automated mail I get daily had already been sold by the time I woke up. Finally I managed to get a copy on Discogs that hadn't been sold yet. It doesn't come with the CD or a cover, but I got for under $10 plus I was just glad to get any copy at that point. I might upgrade this version at some point, but for now I'm happy as it is.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, good find! I have two but they both come with un-numbered covers. A first I thought I may have a spare cover, although that can't be the case as i have no idea where it would be. I'll double check though just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'd be great, man. Let me know if you actually have a spare sleeve.

    ReplyDelete