Thursday, April 9, 2015

Banesanity

There are some collections that border either on pure dedication or near insanity, depending on your point of view. This may be on of those. At Both Ends was a great fanzine in the '00 years. One of the best out there for sure. The final issue came with a double 7". One of bands featured was Bane, so I had to get a copy. To be honest, I got a lot of copies because I ran a little fanzine distro at the time. So I got like a dozen copies from Stephen Fallis directly. When I checked on the records that came with the zine, I noticed they came on a lot of different colours. So I ordered some more, sold most of the doubles (colourwise) and kept the rest. I got something like six or seven different versions by doing that. For a few years I didn't really bother to pick up other versions,  let alone search for them. Then along came Discogs and looking for records became much easier. So I started looking for different variants of this release and I managed to get my hands on a few more. Here's the latest addition: the Bane/Grade 7" comes on clear green vinyl, the Unrestrained/Between Earth And Sky on dark blue with black streaks. If you have any variant I don't have, get at me!



As I wrote in the beginning, this may be one of the more stupid collections I pursue. The reason behind that thought is that nobody knows the pressing info for this release. In the picture you can see that there are a lot of different colours out there. What's more, there are also a lot of transition colours, e.g. the different shades of grey and purple, which always makes it harder to get a detailed pressing info.



I took a close-up picture of the two green ones in the top row. Yup, the one in the middle in the top row is not on black vinyl, it's a really dark green. You can only see that it is actually green if you hold it up against the light.


No comments:

Post a Comment