Friday, September 25, 2015

Start Today

Alright, no need to talk about the greatness and importance of this record. If you didn't know about Gorilla Biscuits and Start Today, you would have never stumbled across my shitty little blog. But just in case you have no idea who Gorilla Biscuits are, stop doing whatever it is you're doing and listen to everything they ever recorded right now. Gorilla Biscuits have been one of my favourite bands since the first time I heard that fanfare at the beginning of New Direction. As far as my collection goes, it's embarrassing how weak the GB section is. Prior to this I didn't have a single record on colour vinyl, except for the glow in the dark variant released recently. I probably have 10% of all variants, if that. Gorilla Biscuits may be the band with the worst I-really-love-this-band/number-of-records-I-own-ratios in my collection. Mainly because their records go for quite some money these days. But sometimes you have to pull the trigger and spend a little more. I got a nice little unexpected backpay from my health insurance carrier last month, and the timing couldn't have been better, because I came across a purple copy of Start Today for sale literally the next day. This is a major want crossed off the list for me. It looks even better in reality than on all the pictures I droolingly admired over the years. I never knew it wasn't actually solid purple with white streaks. Couldn't be happier.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go dude! You may not have too many GB records, but this is the one to have if you're gonna have one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. For me it's always been about owning Start Today on purple and the 7" on yellow. Halfway there.

      Delete