Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Dear Diary

As mentioned in previous posts I was on a 90s emo trip some time ago and listened to a bunch of bands or records I’d never listened to before or rediscovered bands I hadn’t listened to in a long time. One of those records was Diary, the first LP by Sunny Day Real Estate. For some reason I gravitated to bands like The Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World or The Promise Ring much more than to SDRE. It’d been a long minute since I had last listened to Diary, but when I did, I couldn’t come up with a good reason why I hadn’t listened to that record in so long. Stupidity is the only answer I can muster. 

This is an absolute masterpiece, plus it looks so dope. The artwork on the front and back cover are awesome and I can’t imagine having to look at this only on CD format. The vinyl color is chosen well too.  The picture doesn’t really do it justice and I might have to take another one to show off the cool shade of green, which comes with some black streaks or a hint of marble if you will. 


1998 Repress on Green Vinyl on Sub Pop /???


Edit: Close up of the record to show the color properly. 



1 comment:

  1. I got this colour when it came out. Always thought it looked really nice. I always thought it kinda weird that the first press US copies were black vinyl only, but the German pressing was on colour.

    ReplyDelete