Wednesday, July 3, 2024

One Last Wish

While browsing records at Bis Aufs Messer, I stumbled across this one. I’d never heard of the band, but the cover looked intriguing and after seeing on the back cover that it was released on Dischord and featured members of Rites of Spring and Embrace, it was a no brainer to pick up the record. And what can I say, it sounds exactly what you would an expect from a record recorded in DC in 1986/87 with that personnel. This one was a very pleasant surprise. I also like the coke bottle clear vinyl. It goes very well with the sleeve. 

Edit: When I published this post, I hadn’t checked the pressing info for this release. After Marcus had commented on the color and the similarities between the two color pressings, I checked out the Discogs entry for this record. The 2008 repress on clear vinyl says on the back cover “This LP is $11 plus postage.”, where as the 2021 repress does not state a price at all. I checked the sleeve of the record I bought and I have the 2021 repress, which makes the color shown “sea glass green”.


2021 Repress on Sea Glass Green on Dischord


3 comments:

  1. Great record! Looks like you got the clear pressing (from 2013) rather than the 'sea glass green' which is currently for sale at Dischord... although I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both pressings look the same!

      Delete
    2. Marcus, I didn’t even check the pressing info. I must be getting old. According to Discogs the tell between the two pressings is the difference on the back cover. I’ll check tomorrow and update the post accordingly. Thanks for the input!

      Delete