Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Grade/Incision

This is a weird release. Originally, there was a split between Grade and Believe, which was released as CD only in 1993. In 1999 there was a reissue, but Believe had been dropped off this release and this other band, Incision, came in as replacement. So one could argue that this is not really a reissue, but more like a new release. It gets weirder though, because Grade was originally founded as Incision, but changed its name to Grade later on. So this is not really a split release either. Like I said, weird.
Honestly, I only knew about Grade before buying this record and I only discovered the whole background story while doing a little research for this entry. I really like the Grade side, but I like the songs on the Incision side a little better. This was a one-time only pressing limited to 500 copies on black vinyl.



No comments:

Post a Comment