Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tough Statement

I usually don't blog about records I haven't listened to yet, but since I'm not home over Xmas and New Year and I don't want to deal with a huge backlog when I'm home again, I'm going to bend my own rules a little bit. After all they're my rules. And also, reasons not rules make us strong. Anyway, a buddy of mine plays in Statement X and I'm a strong believer of supporting friends' bands. A few months ago they played a record release show for their split 7" with Hangin' Tough. I couldn't go there for some reason, most likely because I was travelling at the time. I asked him if they had something special planned for the release show and he told me they'd have a record release sleeve and another special cover, which turned out to be a Brotherhood 'Fuck Racism' rip-off. I have the Statement X demo though and I saw them live before. The demo was a little weak, but they put on a fun live show. As you probably guessed, they're a axe band. I've never listened to Hangin' Tough before, but I have a vague idea what they might sound like. The record says test press out of 75, but I think they just used the labels for this record release edition. Cool Stop And Think rip-off. The regular cover can be seen on the left.


No comments:

Post a Comment