Sunday, January 10, 2016

It Was A Very Good Year. Again.

I know I'm pretty late with my 2015 wrap up post, but I was travelling over New Year's and haven't had time to work on a year's end post.


My Top 5 New Releases In 2015

5. True Love - New Young Gods - React!

Great, and at least for me, new band that reminds me of early 00's hardcore bands I love.

4. Pure - XXX - Real

This is what you get when some dudes, who have been in quite an array of bands, decide to re-discover their hardcore/straight edge roots. Ceremony's guitarist, who does vocals for Pure, totally makes up with this release for the latest, unbelievably crappy, Ceremony LP.

3. Marrón - s.t. - Take It Back

I loved the demo tape and was really looking forward to listening to more/new material by Marrón. And I didn't get disappointed by their latest release.

2. Sweet Jesus - You Destroy Yourself - Atomic Action

I had high hopes for this LP after the debut 7" that came out last year. I was a little disappointed after listening to the record for the first few times, but it constantly grew on me.

1. Spirits - Discontent - State Of Mind

The record that blew me away the most and that I listened to most often last year. Came totally out of the blue for me too. Fun live band, plus the people in this band are the nicest people out there. Of all their releases in 2015, which were quite a lot, I like their LP the best. I'm really excited about their upcoming releases.


Honorable Mention

Moose Blood - I'll Keep You In Mind, From Time To Time - No Sleep

Technically this record is not a 2015 release, but I only got it in early 2015 and it was one of the records I listened to the most in 2015. Plus, it looks just so pretty.

There were also a lot of great demos that came out in 2015. None of these have seen a vinyl treatment so far. Well, except the True Identity one, but I don't have a copy of that yet. Here's to hearing more from these bands in 2016.

Union Of Faith - Demo Tape                            Spirit Crusher - Demo Tape
True Vision - Demo Tape                                 True Identity - Demo Tape
Clear - Promo Tape                                         Ex-Youth - Demo Tape
Free - Online Demo                                        Thousand Yard Stare - Online Demo



My Top 10 Collectible In 2015

1. Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today - Revelation - first press on purple

This is one of THE records I always wanted to have. I'm so glad I finally got one.

2. Pessimistic Lines - Overcome - Cobra - test press

Gift by a dear friend. One of those people who make record collecting so much fun.

3. Sweet Jesus - Box - Triple B - test press

It's always a good feeling to be able to complete a set of a record you really, really like.

4. Boy Sets Fire - After The Eulogy-  Equal Vision - red

The rewarding feeling of getting back a record that means a lot to you but that you foolishly let go off when you were younger (and dumber).

5. Bane - Don't Wait Up - Equal Vision - white/blue swirl aka tour press

This one was so much harder to come by that it should have been. On the upside, I met someone really cool by hunting down that record.

6. Count Me Out - Few And Far Between - Malfunction - pink with Sid & Nancy cover

I picked up quite a few Count Me Out record this year and I could have probably picked any one of these. I decided on this one though because it features great artwork and I'm a sucker for pink vinyl.

7. Burn - ...Shall Be Judged - Revelation - purple / exclusive to the London show

One of the bands I always wanted to see. Special record pressed for the occasion. Met a bunch of nice people. Good times.

8. Have Heart - The Things We Carry - Bridge 9 - black 

Third rarest variant of one of my all-time favorite albums. One down, many to go.

9. Champion - Promises Kept - Bridge 9 - blood red

Kind of the same story as with Count Me Out. I managed to pick up quite a few Champion records last year. I could have gone with one of the rip-off sleeves as well, but look at how awesome the colour of this record is.

10. Punch - Eyeless - Discos Huelga - army green with misprint sleeve

Only 10 copies of a record by a band I really like? Gimme.



Thanks to everyone following and reading this blog. Happy record hunting 2016.

XXX

2 comments:

  1. Doesnt that Bane record has a different title? Or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's probably the most embarrassing mistake I could have possibly made. Thanks for pointing it out. I fixed it.

      Delete