Saturday, January 16, 2016

More Presents

Another record I got as a present in Boston. This is a split between No Harm Done and Offsides, two now defunct bands who shared quite a lot of their members. The name No Harm Done made me think this was a modern hardcore band when in reality the band played a style that would have fit in perfectly with the Epitaph or Fat Wreck roster from the late 90s. Melodic punk rock that reminds me a lot of the bands I listened to in my youth. The name Offsides sort of sounds like a ska band name to me. However, it was a female fronted band that actually played modern / youth crewish hardcore. I like both sides and I can't really say I like one side better than the other. They're really different from each other and both are pretty good for what they are.


No comments:

Post a Comment