Sunday, January 31, 2016

For The Sake Of Dedication

This is a rad compilation from the late 90s. Pretty much all of the bands contributed good songs here and the youth crew revival that was going on at that time is documented pretty well I guess. I can't stand Floorpunch though, and them having a song on this compilation is kind of the fly in the ointment. Musically I quite understand why Floorpunch was and is appealing to many hardcore kids. Their lyrics, however, suck for the most part. I've never been able to get behind overly zealous edge bands, so reading lines like "I pray to God you OD on that shit" makes me really cringe. The only thing you're doing by writing lyrics like this is demonstrate that a clear mind is not necessarily the better state of mind.




EDIT: I just remembered that the seller tossed in this 7" for free. Building were a straight edge band from Belgium from the late 90s and they sound exactly like what you would expect from an edge band from that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment