Saturday, January 30, 2016

Shopping For A Record

I like to think that I have a pretty good Good Clean Fun collection and I always thought I was well informed about the pressing info of each release. As it turns out there's one variant that I'd never seen or even heard of. Shopping For A Crew was originally released on 7" format by Underestimated Records. Then it was rereleased by Dutch label Reflections Records, also as a 7". A few years later Dead Serious from Germany released a compilation of the Shopping For A Crew and Who Shares Wins 7"s, which was also called Shopping For A Crew. The compilation comes on black, black-brown splatter and purple vinyl. And I thought that was it. I once mailed the label about detailed pressing info and the possibility of acquiring a test press, which surely must exist, but I never heard back from them. A few years back I stumbled across another variant of this compilation, which I'd never seen or heard of either. It comes with a special Crucial Youth rip-off sleeve and was pressed on red vinyl. Since there are only ten copies of that variant, I somehow thought it was a test press pressed on coloured vinyl for some reason. It never entered my mind that this could be part of a whole different colour pressing and just comes with a limited sleeve. A few weeks back I saw a picture of a red vinyl copy on Instagram, so I went over to Discogs and checked the Good Clean Fun releases, which is something I never do as I happen to have most of them. As it happened to be there was a copy readily available.


2 comments:

  1. There is little more satisying than searching for something on Discogs for the first time and immediately finding it for sale for a fair price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! It helps a little if you mostly collect bands not many people care about, haha. I just wish I'd luck out that way with Rev or Dischord wants sometime.

    ReplyDelete