Friday, January 29, 2016

Modern Life Is Pink

Since I decided to rebuild my Modern Life Is War collection, I've been checking the Lifeline Record's website more regularly than I used to. The obvious reason is that I want to know when Joe Lifeline puts out new variants for any Modern Life Is War records, the other reason is that he also opens the Lifeline vault from time to time and sells some goodies.

The first record I picked up is a repress of Modern Life Is War's debut LP on red vinyl. There are 650 copies on red. Officially. Actually I think that this is a repress of the repress. I'm just guessing here, but I could imagine this record is not part of the original repress on red vinyl since that came out a few years ago. He did the same with the Witness LP, which as been repressed on purple vinyl, and then on purple vinyl again.


Here's another reason why I think this might be a repress. This pink variant you can see here was also offered a few weeks ago at the Lifeline store. It was labelled 'mispress', so either it was a mispress when the original red ones were pressed and Joe has been sitting on them for five years, or it was a mispress when he repressed the red vinyl more recently. But since I haven't seen any pink copies like this one these last few years, I'm leaning towards it being a recent mispress.
I love the little details that have been added, like the lyric sheet that is printed on pink paper and the pink hand coloured 'My Love My Way' writing on the front cover. Nice, subtle little touches that make this record look really awesome.
The fact that there are only 65 copies on pink vinyl makes this the third rarest variant of all Modern Life Is War LPs after the mispress of Witness on clear red (/12-15) and the record release edition for Witness (/62) and ties it with the final show box set, which is also out of 65 copies. Great job Lifeline Records.

2 comments:

  1. Ignoring the fact that this is the x-repress of this record, you are right, the purple vinyl is awesome, and the handcolored cover is nice.

    Great score!

    I wish I would not have been that late when I read it on Instagram. If I were not such kind of bored with Instagram, I would check Instagram on a more regular basis, but unfortunately, Instagram simply sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be precise, it's not purple, but pink ;) I really like Instagram. It's an easy way to find out about new records and so I've made quite a few trades via Instagram. Can't really complain.

      Delete