Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A.N.S.' Revenge

I rarely get to enjoy the pleasures of going record shopping at an actual record store, so whenever I do have the chance, I do exactly that. While in Boston my wife and I went to Armageddon, which is a record store close to Harvard University. They had a lot of records that interested me but I couldn't buy all of them. Nothing that rare or expensive, just a bunch of records I thought I'd enjoy.
From time to time I really enjoy listening to thrashy skate core (Is that a genre?). My favourite band playing that style is probably Bones Brigade. I'd wanted to check out more bands like this anyway, so when I saw the cover of the A.N.S. / My Revenge split I was more than intrigued. Usually I'm not a big fan of artwork that features skulls or skeletons, but when it comes to this kind of music I somehow expect that kind of aesthetic. Actually they had two different covers for this split in the store.  Of course I took the more limited one. This is a special sleeve and the records are numbered /100 on the back cover. The percentage of songs about skateboarding is somewhat disappointing though. A.N.S. have two out of four songs on this topic, My Revenge's quota is only 1/5. I must say though My Revenge have pretty good lyrics on this split. I like both sides all in all, even the songs not about skateboarding.


No comments:

Post a Comment