Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Bringin' It Down in 2015

I'm not a Rev nerd, actually I'm far from it. There are certain bands on Rev I like and some bands on Rev that I try to collect, but I wouldn't call myself a Rev collector. On the downside, my record collection might lack a lot of records many people deem crucial. On the upside I don't have to play the repress game, which can get pretty annoying if you're a true Rev collector. With some reissues they still get me though. When it was announced that Rev was going to do a reissue of Judge's classic LP Bringin' It Down for its 25th anniversary and I saw a picture of the planned reissue, I certainly got intrigued. Fast forward a couple of weeks and everybody and their grandmother has their copy, which also includes your humble blogger. The record turned out to be a different colour, but in my opinion it looks a lot better than the one on the mock up picture posted on the internet. The purple swirl looks pretty fucking great. Rev really put in some effort here and also included a die-cut hammer logo, just in case you and your crew want to show respect to Judge and take it back to the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment