Sunday, December 13, 2015

Flexi Your Head!

This may be one of the weirdest records featured on my blog. It's not even rally a record, it's a flexi disc. Flexi discs are known for their poor quality, which is probably the main reason there not that common. I don't any other flexis, but since this one was made by a band that I collect, I made an exception. You could only get this flexi when you sent in the backcover of a fanzine and in return you'd get the flexi. I didn't take a picture of it, but the back of this flexi is actually a postcard. That's how it was shipped. Now, I never got my hands on a copy of said zine, but I did contact the guys in Punch and asked if they could send me one if there were any left. Brian, I think, agreed, but it got lost in the mail somehow. Since my want list is pretty long and seems to be getting longer instead of shorter every day, I didn't spend a whole lot of time and energy on finding one of these. I stumbled across a copy for cheap on discogs a few weeks ago, plus it was sold by someone in Germany, so shipping wasn't really an issue either. As I said, the quality is rather poor, but I like the whole concept of this release. Plus you get a bunch of covers of classic hardcore songs. But honestly, this one is to be filed entirely under 'collectible'.

No comments:

Post a Comment