Sunday, October 22, 2023

What You Read Is What You Get

Closed another gap in my 2000s collection. The first two Verse LPs are as good as it gets when it comes to mid-2000s melodic hardcore. Actually, this is often a point of mildly heated argument between my wife and I, since she believes Rebuild is the best Verse LP, while I think From Anger And Rage is superior. This debate has been going on for a decade now and hopefully we‘ll have this debate for many decades to come.

This 7", aptly called Four Songs because, well, there are four songs on it, was released prior to the first LP and there are two songs that ended up on the LP and two songs that didn't. So this was something like a demo I guess and the band decided to re-record two songs for Rebuild. At least that's my guess. I like

This is the third and final press, again as advertised on the cover, which is a pretty weird move. I also hate it when there are blank labels. If this happens by mistake, fair enough, but this looks like they just slapped on red labels - which clashes with the vinyl color - and nobody bothered to put any artwork or info on them. Which means you have to check the matrix if you want to start with side A. Very annoying. To be fully transparent, I was aware that this was the case with this press, so to complain about this fact while knowingly buying a copy is kind of a dick move, BUT this was the cheapest copy I could get my hands on and generally I have a weak spot for pink vinyl. 

This press also comes with a different art work than the previous pressings and there are 300 copies on this particular color.



No comments:

Post a Comment