Friday, October 27, 2023

Psychotic

Scowl has been one of the more interesting and better current bands. I really liked their debut LP, but I think Psychotic Dance Routine is even better. You still get some raging hardcore bangers, but the band really pushed their sound and I dig the indie/alternative vibes. As a matter of fact, I like those songs/parts more than the traditional hardcore songs/parts. The singer‘s vocals on those calmer parts is fantastic. 

I‘m not sure about the artwork, both on the sleeve and on the B-side of the record. But at least the vinyl works with the cover. Evil Greed exclusive out of 950 copies. 








2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that the indie / alternative sound is better than their hardcore sound. I saw the singer wearing a L7 shirt and it kinda made sense that this is where she's getting inspiration from, and I really like it. Still didn't get a copty of this record yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a huge fan of their last record, but this one is even better. Love this direction that they went.

    ReplyDelete