Thursday, October 5, 2023

Lookinglasself

When we drove to a show a couple of months ago, two friends and I went on a 90s deep dive. This was a lot of fun because we‘re all different ages decades-wise and each of us has a very different perception and relationship with the 90s. The hours flew by with interesting conversations just the way a good long drive to a show should be. 

One of the bands I rediscovered for myself was Snapcase. I already had a couple of their records and would listen to them from time to time, but I kind of forgot how much I liked the band. Incarnation is still such a hit. Obviously that realization was a good enough reason (read: excuse) to get more records to close some gaps in my collection. The label shows this was released by Victory Europe, which I thought was very interesting. I knew that labels back then had European offices, but I didn‘t realize that Victory had one so early on in their history. Then I did some more research, well, I looked at the Discogs entry for Victory Europe and it said that  this sublabel existed from 1990 till 1995 and was operated by We Bite Records. Talk about learning something new every day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment