Friday, October 6, 2023

All My Best Friends Are Skaheads

I feel like hardcore kids often have a hard time embracing fun, at least when it comes to their taste in music. Everything has to be serious all the time, which can be very exhausting. First wave ska is deemed kind of cool and The Specials from the 2 Tone era usually get a pass as well, but bands from the third wave ska revival in the 90s are often frowned upon. Then there‘s me. I like serious bands with a message, but I also like goofy and whacky stuff. Less Than Jake to me is the best skapunk band originating in the 90s and I can thoroughly enjoy their first five albums, but Hello Rockview is their masterpiece. So many hits and this album always puts a smile on my face whenever I listen to it. I really like the peach coloured vinyl and the comic book style booklet with lyrics and credits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment