Friday, September 22, 2023

Turning Point

I always tell myself that luckily I don‘t play the repress game. However, I use the phrase “I‘m really glad I don‘t play the repress game, but..“ way too often. So maybe I should just accept the fact that I‘m just a sucker for represses like anyone else. 

The Turning Point 7“ is a certifiable classic at this point. Maybe more so for the cover than for the music, which would be an interesting debate. Originally this was released on Hi-Impact Records, but this reissue was done by Revelation Records and they did a really great job. My favourite part is the adaption of the Hi-Impact logo on the back cover, which you can see in the second picture.

Actually it was a post by Marcus over on Endless Quest that made me want to get a copy after all and I‘m glad I did! Though to be honest, I would have preferred a repress on clear green vinyl or even on plain old black, because orange is my least favourite colour, but those were long gone when I finally decided to get a copy. On the bright side, this is probably the closest I‘ll ever get to owning a Turning Point on gold… 








2 comments:

  1. Represses are the consequence of the other game that collectors play... and the game that collectors play is just the consequence of demand/supply and the test of time. All part of the equilibrium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. I'm not complaining about represses. I think it's awesome that labels keep classics in print so younger hardcore kids don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get a copy. This was merely a comment on my own (irrational) behavior when it comes to buying records.

      Delete