Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Shop local

I really like browsing eBay local listings. I feel like this is the last place where you can actually still find a bargain every once in a while, so I spend much more time browsing there than on regular eBay. A few months ago I was doing exactly that and came across a seller selling a bunch of interesting 7“s from the 90s. Apparently the seller was getting rid of the remains of his record collection and a lot of things were already gone, but I also found a couple of things I thought were interesting. He didn’t want a ton of money either, which is always fine by me. Best of all, the seller lives only 10 minutes away from where I live, so I was able to pick up the records on my way to picking up our son from daycare. 

I wasn‘t familiar with Spitboy before I was browsing the records of said seller, but the covers triggered my interest and I did some research, which made me interested even more. All-female hardcore bands are sadly still a rarity, and were even rarer back then. Musically this is not 100% my taste, but the lyrics are very interesting and provide an interesting look into feminist politics in hardcore in the early 90s. 





1 comment:

  1. Funny to see that you posted this, as I've really been listening to these two 7 inches quite a bit in the last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete