Friday, January 5, 2024

Drink Deep

2023 is over, but I still have some cleaning up to do. As I wrote in my last post, there some excellent releases last year that didn‘t make my top 10. This is one of them. Drink Deep is a hardcore band from Berlin, but they‘re also sort of an international band when you take a look at the members. Drink Deep had released a really good demo in 2022 that I really enjoyed and after seeing them play a show last year, I knew I was going to buy whatever they‘d release next. It came as a pleasant surprise when the band announced a 7“ not that long afterwards. And the band didn‘t disappoint. Somewhere between early later Minor Threat and Revolution Summer, the DC hardcore influences are undeniable. The singer‘s voice also remind me of Ian Mackaye. So what’s not to like? 


Clear Vinyl on Refuse Records /110


1 comment:

  1. Seems everyone got a clear copy except me. I'll get one eventually though.

    ReplyDelete