Monday, January 1, 2024

2023

2023 was a very eventful year in every aspect of my life. One of the better decision I made this year was to restart this blog. I‘ve really enjoyed writing blog entries again and since I was able to decrease the effort to take pictures (thanks Marcus!), doing the blog has been a lot less time-consuming than I expected. 

This year was another really good year music-wise. So many great records that were released in 2023. It was really hard to pick my top 10 and I had to leave out some really, really good records. Honorable mentions go to Mil-Spec, Truth Cult, One Step Closer and Drink Deep. These releases are in no particular order and my favorite record of the year might be a different one tomorrow. So let‘s just say, this is the top of the pops 2023. You can also see that 7“s are an endangered species. I only picked up 3 7“s released in 2023. It was 7 in 2022 and 8 in 2021. 





In the next picture you can see my favourite collectibles and records that weren‘t released in 2023 I picked up in the last 12 months. The Minor Threat 7“s is a special case, because technically it is a 2023 release, but Minor Threat is definitely not a current band, so I decided to put the record with these records. Some of these records I haven‘t blogged about, but I‘m going to soon. 

Overall I‘m really happy with the collectibles I picked up because many of them came rather unexpected. I‘m also stoked on some older bands that I only discovered in 2023. No matter if if it‘s old or new music, findig something that you didn‘t know before will always be a joy to me. There‘s just so much music out there that needs to be explored. 



Thanks everyone for checking out my blog. Feel free to comment or get in touch some other way. I always love talking about records and music in general. 

I hope everyone will have a great year 2024!


XXX

Ralf

1 comment:

  1. Been meaning to comment on this for a few days. There's some good stuff here. The Wreckage record I enjoyed. The Fiddlehead I still haven't got around to. And The Scowl record was great too. Wasn't overly excited by the first Magnitude record but will check out the new one at some point. But probably the most interesting thing of all was seeing the Karate LP in that second photo.
    And of course, another great thing about 2023 was having you back on the blogging scene! Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete