Sunday, December 31, 2023

Dream World

Spirit Crusher is one of the best hardcore bands from Germany, if not the best hardcore band at the moment. Tastes differ obviously, but for me Spirit Crusher is THE band. I love everything they have released so far, but it's their live shows where it's really at. I saw them a couple of weeks ago, actually it was the very day it was announced that their new 7" and follow-up LP are going to be released on Triple B, and they have such a fantastic energy live, they even made me stage dive, which I hadn't done in a very long time. Whenever I seem them, I'm really hyped. 

For any European band to be released on a US label is always something special. There are so many great bands from Europe, but hardcore in the US seems to be very US-centric. I can only think of a handful of bands from Europe that were released on US labels in the last couple of years. Well, if there's one band from Germany that definitely deserves to be noticed on a global level, it's Spirit Crusher. I'm not saying others don't deserve to be seen more, but Spirit Crusher have definitely earned it. 

On Dream World they deliver two new songs. I don't know if those songs will be featured on their upcoming LP as well or if those will be exclusive to this 7", but any new material by Spirit Crusher is always more than welcome. There are some changes musically, but standing still is never good, and the changes are subtle enough for me - still clearly the Spirit Crusher sound, but different from the older material. Those two songs turned our really great and I can‘t wait for the LP to drop. 


White/Purple Haze on Triple B /250 (Merchpit Exclusive)




No comments:

Post a Comment