Thursday, December 28, 2023

Death Is Nothing To Us

Fiddlehead have been one of the best bands in recent years. Call it hardcore, call it adjacent. Doesn‘t matter, because they simply make awesome music. Death Is Nothing To Us is another really good album that Fiddlehead put out, but it had to grow on me a little bit. The album title is quite daring, but that has probably to do with age creeping up on me. 

Side note: I ordered that record directly from Run For Cover in the US. I rarely do so these days because shipping overseas is crazy, but every once in a while I will splurge the extra money if it‘s a band I really care about. The other reason I almost never order directly from the States is that the customs office has been much stricter the last few years, so on top of outrageous shipping costs, there‘s usually also customs fees. So, while all of that sucks, I knew what I was getting into when I ordered the record. What I didn‘t know was that the customs office would keep the record for about 2.5 months before they actually processed it and I finally received the record about 3 months after it was mailed.  

It was all worth it though, because I really like this variant. Also, I will always love a huge poster that comes with a record. 


1st Press on Blue Swirl /900 (Run For Cover Exclusive)


No comments:

Post a Comment