Saturday, December 30, 2023

Surprise, Surprise

2023 is running out of time and I still haven't posted every record I picked up this year. I won't even be able to blog about every 2023 release I added to the collection. So I have to prioritize. 

A couple of weeks ago I was going to a show with a very good friend. On the way home we talked about hardcore in 2023 and which releases were going to make our best of lists. He asked me if I had heard the new Vantage Point LP yet, which I hadn't because I wasn't even aware that Vantage Point was still a band. For some reason I had it in my head that hey had split up. He played Against Myself in the car and while listening to the first song I was like "Whoa, this is a good song." By the third song I was at "really good" and by the end of the album I thought this was an awesome record. If I remember correctly, I ordered the record that very night even thought it was already kind of late. But I knew I needed to have this record on vinyl. And I was absolutely right. Ever since I got the album, it's seen a lot of spins on my record player. I really like surprises in general and this has been a very welcome one. 


Green / Yellow Swirl on Triple B Records /350



I was browsing the mailorder I bought the Vantage Point LP from, when my eyes caught this cover. Seeing bands like Inside Out, Swiz and Dag Nasty being mentioned in the description, I was more than intrigued, so I ordered a copy without thinking too much about it. And again, I didn't get disappointed. While some of the reference points might be a stretch, this is a very good record in its own right. Plus, for splatter vinyl it does look really, really good. So, a clear double win in my book. 

Green / White Splatter on Indecision Records /300


No comments:

Post a Comment