Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Gorilla Bootlegs

A couple of months ago a vey good friend of mine came to stay at our place with his family for a few days. He's one of those friend I don't see nearly often enough, but whenever we do it's like we've been hanging out daily for the last couple of years. It's a great feeling to have friendships like this. 

One of those evenings we got to hang out alone and listened to a bunch of records and talked about this and that. While talking about hardcore I told him that I recently found out that there is a version of Start Today with Walter singing, which was also news to him. I think I learned about this via Axe To Grind podcast and my mind was blown when I heard that. A quick research afterwards told me that there is a CD version of that, aptly called Walter Sings The Hits. I was considering buying the CD version, but then another friend posted a picture of the record below on his Instagram, which obviously made me want to buy the vinyl version. I'm not a big fan of bootlegs, but sometimes there's no way around it. 

That night when I was talking to my friend, I happened to find an online source and quickly ordered two copies. The sound isn't great and if sort of complain about the sound quality of a record, this means something. It's still a fun listed every once in while. 


Black vinyl /???


No comments:

Post a Comment