Monday, December 11, 2023

New Year's Resolution Revisited

Last year my family and I got to ring in the new year with some very good friends of ours. People very close to our hearts, whom we sadly don't see enough because we don't live in the same country, or in some cases not even on the same continent. It was a great time with tons of food, watching sports, hanging out and nerding out about records and music in general. 

A Venn diagram of our musical taste would show a lot of overlap and one of the bands we can all agree on are The Beatles. Me personally, I've loved that band since I was a teenager. My parents had some best of CDs of The Beatles and I listened to those countless times. No matter which different phases I went through as a teenager, musically speaking, I always listened to The Beatles. But for some reason I never bothered to pick up any records by them. 

When my friends and I got to talking about music and The Beatles in particular last year, I made the resolution to change that as soon as I was home. I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions because if you want to do something, why pin it to a specific date instead of just do it right away? You know, start today... 

I don't remember exactly, but I might have searched for a Beatles collection or this box set specifically on eBay local listings (best source for things like that) that very night or maybe the next day. When I found one for a fair price, I didn't hesitate and pulled the trigger. I might have been at home again already, but I remember having the records when there was still Christmas break. Good way to start the new year. Maybe I should make this a tradition. 







1 comment:

  1. I've never really been interested in the Beatles. I do like a couple of songs, but regardless, this box set is a really nice looking item.

    ReplyDelete