Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Holidays II

The second record store I hit up didn't really have a used records section, but I still manage to pick up two records. When I'm on holiday, I love to read. I mean I love reading no matter when and where, but I often don't have the time, so holidays are always a great time to catch up on reading some of the books that have been sitting on a pile for a few months. 

One of those books in one of my piles was the Bad Religion biography Do What You Want, which I really enjoyed and can only recommend. I have the majority of Bad Religion LPs, but there are still some gaps. Which I'm not too bothered about because I don't like their later material all that much to be honest. But if get the chance to pick up one of their records in an actual record store, I'm not saying no. Plus, I was hyped on them because of the book that I'd just finished. The Process of Belief is a good record, but it's nowhere near their late 80s / early 90s records. 

20th Anniversary Pressing on Orange/Black Galaxy Vinyl /5180



A couple of years ago I sold a lot of doubles I had of Refused records. With more and more represses it felt harder and harder trying to get a complete collection or just keep up with the represses. But it also made the decision easier to just let go of some records. I LOVE everything Refused released pre breakup , but Songs to Fan The Flames of Discontent is probably my favorite material of theirs. It's really hard to pick, but this might be it. I also love the original blue pressing of this album from the 90s. 

What intrigued me about this anniversary press was the fact that you get outtakes and demos of some of the songs on a bonus LP, which also includes a previously unreleased song. That's how you get me. 

25th Anniversary Pressing on Startracks Records /1000


This is the inside of the gatefold cover. I love stuff like this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment