Friday, December 8, 2023

Stuck in the 90s

The great thing about many records from the 90s is that you can pick them up for rather cheap. Of course, there are many records that are more expensive, but once you dig a little deeper you can get a lot of good or even great music for little money. 

I wasn't too familiar with Drift, but a good friend of mine kept telling me how good they were, so when I had the chance to pick up their only 7" for a good price, I didn't hesitate. My friend was right. I didn't expect the vocals to sound somewhat screamo, but it works for me. 


Spawn and Feeding The Fire both play more of what you'd expect from hardcore bands from the 90s. Mid-tempo, very moshy hardcore. I've been flipping this split over and over for the past hour or so and couldn't tell you which side I like better. But maybe that's also a good sign. 



1 comment:

  1. Yes, the Spawn and Feeding The Fire split is an essential European Straight-Edge record. I have a clear as well... I feel the same about some nineties record, real hidden gems.

    ReplyDelete