Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Satisfaction

Whenever someone played Hatebreed for me on trips to shows or at home, I tended to shift my attention to something else and play some other tunes in my head. I didn’t like a single thing about the band: stupid band name, stupid band logo, horrible artwork, they already only played big shows at the time and I didn’t care for the music at all. Fast forward a couple of decades. Some of the people of the band I play in performed a Hatebreed cover at one of our band practices with the help of a friend. I can’t put my finger on it, but for some reason I thought the song didn’t sound half bad and I decided to check out some of the Hatebreed material. I went further down that rabbit hole when I compiled a 90s hardcore playlist for a longer trip to a show and there I was, buying my first Hatebreed record 26 years after it came out. I’m not saying there’ll be more and it hasn’t be come a go-to record, but from time to time I can enjoy Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire


2023 (?) Repress on Black on Victory Records 


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this band when this came out, and this record and also the next LP, but I never heard anything else. Weird how that happens sometimes isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I recently bought a clear blue first pressing of this. This work kinda stands out from the rest that followed. This was next level stuff when I heard it for the first time way back in the end of the nineties...

    ReplyDelete