Sunday, January 21, 2024

Kicker

Sometimes I have this weird thing with bands that I love. Something To Write Home About by The Get Up Kids is one of my all-time favourite emo records, probably one of my all-time favourite records - period. That record and the Red Letter Day 10“ are so incredibly good )Four Minute Mile is also really good, but not as good as those records I mentioned previously) - and yet I didn‘t really follow the band after that. I bought their There Are Rules album a couple of years ago, but I wasn’t impressed back then and I don‘t remember when I listened to it the last time. 

At some point last year I went through a phase where I mostly listened to current and 90s emo bands and I decided to check out records I wasn‘t familiar with by bands that I actually really like. Kicker is only a 12“ EP. I‘m saying only because I‘d have liked more songs in that vein. I don‘t know if this record marks a return to 90s form or if the band had taken this step previously, but Kicker is really good. 

You can expect some more emo content soon. 


European Pressing on Black Vinyl on Polyvinyl Records /300


No comments:

Post a Comment