Friday, April 5, 2024

Buy In Bulk II

I managed to fill some more holes in my collection curtesy of the same seller I got the last two 7“s from. I was always a big fan of those Soul Control 7“s, but for some reason I never picked up a copy of Involution. This record is such a flashback to the mid-2000s. The music can definitely be pinpointed to that era, but there‘s always been some element of weirdness about Soul Control‘s music, which I just love. The color scheme of the vinyl and the swirl itself is very much off the time as well. And of course Rivalry Records was one of the premier record labels back then. 

1st Press on Red / Orange Swirl on Rivalry Records /200


This particular record had been on my want list pretty much since it came out. I don‘t actually remember which Blacklisted record I heard first. Heavier Than Heaven, Lonelier Than God or No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me since they only came out a year apart, but I do remember being completely in awe by what I heard on either record. No One… still takes the top spot for me in the Blacklisted catalogue, but Heavier… is a very close second. I had a copy of the European pressing on Reflections Records on blue vinyl I got when the record was released, but as soon as I saw a picture of this variant, I wanted to have this one. It looks simply amazing in my opinion. It‘s not a particularly rare record, but for reason this variant was hard to find in Europe, at least for a reasonable price. 

My friend who had tipped me off to this collection actually collects Blacklisted and had already bought this record from the seller, but since he knew I really liked this colorway and he didn‘t have the blue variant I had either, we did a quick trade. Mike, you‘re the best!

1st Press on Blue w/ Black Haze on Deathwish Records /1500


No comments:

Post a Comment