Friday, April 19, 2024

I Against II

A couple of weeks ago I posted about a gold vinyl copy of I Against I that I’d picked up recently and now I managed to find a copy on blue vinyl from a seller in Germany for a fair price. 

The record is not in mint condition because one owner, I’m guessing the original owner, put his address on the A-side label and also wrote his name on the dust sleeve. What’s more interesting though is that he also wrote down a date: February 19, 1991. I’m guessing again that this is the date he got the record. I checked on Discogs and the colored versions are listed as represses. However, there’s no release date listed on Discogs for any of the represses on colored vinyl. The sleeve of the records says 1986, but I’m not sure if the colored records were pressed back then as well. If the original owner actually got this record early in 1991, the coloured represses, or at least the blue one, was probably released sometime in 1990. Obviously this is just guess work. The Flex Discography doesn’t provide any information on this either unfortunately. Does anyone have more info on this? 





4 comments:

  1. I bought the gold vinyl version of Rock For Light years ago because the colored vinyl looked so good. I've been listening to I Against I a lot this past year, and may have to chase down this blue vinyl for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great album. There are better songs on their earlier releases, but this record just flows.

      Delete
  2. There are also green and clear copies of this one on SST. Germany had a different pressing on white vinyl back in 1986. The SST records are most likely represses done in 1990/1991. They didn't update the sleeve, since that costs money, but they did repress a ton of different colors for a lot of the best selling SST releases to make some money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that you sort of confirm the 1990/91 release date for the colored reissues. What you say about the sleeves makes sense. I already a green copy sitting in my shopping basket on Discogs, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. A clear copy hasn't sold in quite a while. But the fun is in the hunt, right?

      Delete